Saturday 16 January 2016

How to Plan the Perfect Weekend Getaway


I love going on little weekend escapes. I think they are a great way to mix up your routine and have a mini vacation without spending too much money! Here are my 5 weekend getaway tips:

1.      Keep it affordable and pick a destination close to home

You shouldn’t have to blow a ton of money just to go away for a weekend. Drive rather than fly, and find inexpensive accommodation relatively close to where you live. If you’re just going away for the weekend, you don’t have the time for a long journey. Sometimes even being an hour away from home can feel like a whole new world! Cody and I love using Airbnb because you can find really unique places to stay, it can be much cheaper than staying in a hotel, and usually includes a lot more than a hotel room would.

 
2.      Pack light but bring your own food

Remember you are only going away for the weekend, so you obviously don’t need to pack everything you own. Take a peek at my Winter Weekend Getaway Packing List to get an idea of what I would pack for a weekend away. The less you pack, the less time you’ll have to spend packing everything back up when you’re leaving! However, I do recommend prepping some meals ahead of time to bring, or at least bring some snacks. It saves you a lot of time and money on your trip! Luckily Cody likes doing this. Maybe I can convince him to share some tips in a future post!

 
3.      Do a little research

It’s a good idea to plan out a few sights to see, things to do, and places to eat. I usually do a bit of brainstorming and googling, then I make a list that I save on my phone. Try to plan things you and your partner will both enjoy doing. Alternatively, you could plan to have some time apart to do whatever you want, but if you are only going away for a short time, I would suggest spending time together! I use my list as more of a guideline and we usually just do whatever we feel like doing. We also like having lots of time to just relax.

 
4.      Digital Detox

Try putting away your phone and not using the internet on your trip unless it is essential! It’s so nice to take a break from the real world and just enjoy your trip! I know I waste so much time every day on my phone or surfing the internet… imagine what you could do with all that extra time!

 
5.      If you don’t want to leave…

The end of a weekend trip can be so sad, and the thought of going back to your regular routine sucks. So I suggest doing something special to enjoy the trip home, or having something planned for when you get home to look forward to! You could plan a nice dinner or a relaxing movie night, or even start planning your next trip!


 Thanks for reading! Do you have any tips for planning the perfect weekend getaway?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Wanderlove Laura. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig